13 Stupid Laws – in North Carolina
(and to my knowledge they are STILL on the books!)
- It’s against the law to sing off key.
- While having sex, you must stay in the missionary position and have the shades pulled.
- Organizations may not hold their meetings while the members present are in costume.
- Serving alcohol at a bingo game is not allowed.
- Women must have their bodies covered by at least 16 yards of cloth at all times. (Charlotte)
- It is required that you must pay a property tax on your dog. (Rocky Mount)
- Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
- Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited. (Barber)
- It is illegal to drive cars through city cemeteries for pleasure. (Dunn)
- A marriage can be declared void if either of the two persons is physically impotent.
- No one may be a professional fortune-teller, and if one wishes to pursue the practice as an amateur, it must be practiced in a school or church.
- You must stop and call City Hall before entering town in an automobile. (Forest City)
- You may not ride a bicycle without having both your hands on the handle bars. (Kill Devil Hills)
The laws in the rest of the country are just as bizare. This one in particular from South Carolina: It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays. I’d like to see a man try that one NOW. LOL
All material ©2005-2012 to Lily Graison