13 Things I find on Website’s that Annoy Me
- Tiny text. Even with my glasses its hard to see. Fonts should be large and clear.
- Music!! I HATE it. Especially when I can’t find a way to turn it off.
- Publishers/Authors websites that don’t post excerpts. I sample before I buy and if I can’t find an excerpt, I click away immediately. I’m not chasing down links to read a sample.
- Pull down website menus. If I click ‘Books’ on an authors site, I want the books, not 8 categories I need to chose from to find them.
- Dark/black backgrounds with bright/or white text. It kills the eyes after a while so I click away instead of exploring.
- Sites that are riddled with typos. Do people not proof-read after they post?
- Scrolling until eternity to get to the bottom of the page. If you have that much stuff to say, make special pages for it. It ALL doesn’t have to be on the front page.
- Blinky’s and sparkly things. They distract from the main content.
- Music!! I’ve said it once but it bears repeating. I LOATHE it.
- Transparent backgrounds for posts when the page background is so “loud” you can’t read what is there.
- Not being able to find contact information. If I want to email the site owner, I don’t want to spend 20 minutes trying to figure out how.
- CAPTCHA boxes. Most times, the words are so jumbled I can’t read them! After 3 tries, I give up and leave.
- Sites without Search features. If I’m looking for something in particular, I want to be able to find it in minutes instead of trolling dozen of pages I care nothing about.
There’s my 13 most annoying things I find on websites. What about you? What do you find annoying on websites? List yours in the comments.
All material ©2005-2012 to Lily Graison